Subject: Re: Problems (of course)
To: None <obrien@hulk.sfsu.edu>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1993 11:04:57
> Well I don't have the time, but I have a machine. If you want to set it
> up, by all means. You've got me sorta worried though, what kinda system
> load are we talking about here?
>
> Also, I'd need mirroring software, (sun-lamp doesn't allow nfs anymore
> does it?) and if I understand this properly, something like majordomo to
> manage the mailing list. Oh yeah, and a volunteer. :)

I'd like to volunteer, but I doubt SFSU wants to pay for my phone bills,
and I haven't found a way for decent response time over UUCP :(

There is supposed to be some whiz-bang mirroring software which runs on
Perl. If, however, we use SUP'd sources as comparisons, then there would be
no need for mirroring.

I'm not too sure of the practicalities of a mailing list. A mail server
would make more sense.