Subject: tcpdump won't compile on Dec-4
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1993 03:29:53
I get the following errors trying to link:

cc   -o tcpdump tcpdump.o addrtoname.o print-ether.o print-ip.o print-arp.o print-tcp.o print-udp.o print-atalk.o print-domain.o print-tftp.o print-bootp.o print-nfs.o print-icmp.o nametoaddr.o print-sl.o print-ppp.o print-rip.o print-snmp.o print-ntp.o print-null.o print-egp.o print-ospf.o print-fddi.o print-sunrpc.o savefile.o util.o etherent.o inet.o gencode.o optimize.o bpf_dump.o bpf_filter.o bpf_image.o tcpgram.o tcplex.o md.o pcap.o version.o
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yywrap referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yy_flex_realloc referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yywrap referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yy_flex_alloc referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yy_flex_alloc referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yy_flex_free referenced from text segment
tcplex.o: Undefined symbol _yy_flex_free referenced from text segment

Yes, I bootstrapped the new flex the way you said to, in fact I
compiled it twice so that it could compile its own scan.l file.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science