Subject: Re: Problems (of course)
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1993 03:06:59
>Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1993 02:33:16 -0500

>> 4) Can anyone suggest to me a better way of keeping up with the source
>> changes than FTPing all of the files that appear in the daily CVS log?
>> In general, if there is someone else out there who can't use SUP and
>> has a working -current system, then I'd like to hear from you.
>I have considered the possibility of modifying sup to make backup
>files automatically, and then generating my own patches for each day.
>Then I could send patches to people who want them.  No guarantees that
>I will do it any time soon though.
>	Mark

One idea that I've had is for someone to set up a supmail system,
similar to the ftpmail service.  If it can be done for FTP, why not
for sup?  I don't really know how sup works, so I won't be surprised
if this is considered a *dumb* idea.  Can sup work without access to
the client's source tree?

Alternatively, it would be great if we could have a mailing list to
send out each day's patches.  I'd jump on that one right away.  What I
think I'll do for now is generate some elisp to turn CVS messages to
ftpmail messages.

Thanks for your help.
Mike Long
VLSI Design Engineer                              voice: (617)461-4030
Analog Devices, SPD Div.                            FAX: (617)461-3010
Norwood, MA 02062                            *this = !opinion(Analog);