Subject: Re: Problems (of course)
To: Mike Long <Mike.Long@analog.com>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1993 02:33:16
> 2) I have no direct access to the internet, because my company is
> paranoid.  Therefore, I can't use SUP, as you need a direct connection
> for it.  I thought that I could keep up by looking at the CVS update
> logs that are mailed nightly, only to find out I'm missing the one for
> Nov. 30.  Can someone please resend the CVS output from 11/30 to me?

The CVS update was apparently not run on Nov 30.  I doubt this was a
mail problem, since when I ran sup on Nov 30, there were no changed
files at all.

> 3) Can someone tell me the date of the sources you got a working
> system with, within the past week?

Dec-1 and Dec-2 worked for me, although there were some small
problems.  I posted patches to fix those problems, and they have since
been fixed.  I am currently compiling Dec-4, which seems to be going
smoothly so far.

> 4) Can anyone suggest to me a better way of keeping up with the source
> changes than FTPing all of the files that appear in the daily CVS log?
> In general, if there is someone else out there who can't use SUP and
> has a working -current system, then I'd like to hear from you.

I have considered the possibility of modifying sup to make backup
files automatically, and then generating my own patches for each day.
Then I could send patches to people who want them.  No guarantees that
I will do it any time soon though.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science