Subject: Re: CVS won't work
To: Dejan Vucinic <dejan@cdfsga.fnal.gov>
From: Robert Crowe <bob@osomil.cts.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1993 13:29:01
In message <9311281816.AA21048@cdfsga.fnal.gov>, Dejan Vucinic writes:
>Hi,
>
>I fetched cvs-1.3 and compiled it (out of the box), but it doesn't work.
>When I do cvs import it just hangs. I know that current sources are kept
>in cvs, so what's the trick?

You don't by chance have EDITOR set to emacs, do you?  I have noticed that
the ascii version of emacs 19 fails to work properly when invoked from other
programs (mh, cvs, etc...).  I have fixed this in the past, but forgot to
apply my patches to the newest build (19.21), and noted that it does the
old hang once again.

The X version of emacs works as expected (probably because it's not playing
with the control terminal settings.

If you don't have EDITOR set to emacs, then this is obviously not your
problem.

Bob.

Robert Crowe                                              bob@speakez.com
SpeakEasy Software,                                     619-457-4776 x202
4484 Eastgate Mall  Suite 7                         San Diego, Ca.  92121