Subject: RE: How to install?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu,>
From: Marc Wandschneider <marcwan@microsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1993 13:31:37
----------
| From: Yeng-Chee Su  <netmail!yenchee@Jupiter.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
|
|   I've just get the tar file of Nov 20, but I can't find any installation
| manual.  How to install it?  The current step I make is the following.
|
|         cd /usr/src/include; make install
|         cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install
|         setenv LDSTATIC -static
|         setenv NOMAN
|         cd /usr/lib; make all install

	Here is what I had to use:

cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install
cd /usr/src/include; make && make install
   setenv LDSTATIC -static
   setenv NOPIC
cd /usr/src/lib/libc; make && make install
cd /usr/src/gnu/lib/libmalloc; make && make install
   cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gas; make && make install
   cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld; make && make install
# You'll probably get some barfage from the above because ld.so won't
# build yet.  Ignore it and install ld anyway.
   cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc; make && make install
   unsetenv NOPIC LDSTATIC
   cd /usr/src/lib ; make && make install
   cd /usr/src/gnu/lib ; make && make install
cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld; make && make install
   cd /usr/src; make && make install

	At some point, you might also get some problems with crt0.o.
	In this case, go to the crt0.o directory, comment out the
	-DDYNAMIC in the Makefile, make install, and then put the flag
	back in and continue.

						Marc 'em.