Subject: Help please?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1993 09:13:53
Early this morning I started a system recompile; I used the standard procedure
that I always use.  However, after I did a make && make install on
/usr/src/lib/libc, everything dynamically linked to libc.so.1.1 core dumps
upon execution.  At this point I have no clue why this is happening (I have
had things linked to libc.so.1.1 for 2 weeks now), and I can't really try
anything out since I can't even fire up a shell or telnet or anything.
Luckily, gcc, ld, and gas are compiled static, as is /bin and /sbin.

What I need is a statically linked "make".  Can someone please put one up
for FTP on sun-lamp or agate (anywhere?)?  I can then pull it down to my
MS-DOS partition and grab it after booting NetBSD in single-user mode.

Oh, I think I'll also need tsort and ar.  If there's anything else I really
need to try to rebuild libc, feel free to include that too.

*Much* appreciated.

-dwh-
dhess@cs.stanford.edu