Subject: automated ftp of source - possible
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thomas M. Crockett <tmc@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1993 00:59:01
Hi-
Assuming that the messages following "Updating src and othersrc trees"
means that those are the files that have been changed since the day
before and since I can't use sup, is it possible to retrieve those
specific files (and the pathing) via ftp in an automated way?

".netrc" takes care of login to sun-lamp but from there it's far
too tedious switching dirs on sun-lamp and creating same on my netcom
machine for eventual download to my machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, if anyone remembers
my previous posts, I have been able to finally make the latest sources
(nov 20) and a new kernel!  This was not easy and basically consisted of
making and remaking the compiling utilities and libs in a circlular fashion
until is seemed that all was linked and made current.  But I'm a pretty
happy camper right now... current with XFree86 2.0 and all seems functional!
Anyway, I'd like to not have to remake the tree every week-end and without
sup, an automated ftp script using the source@sun-lamp update msg would seem
to be a possibility, yes?

Thanks, Tom