Subject: group quotas ?
To: None <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1993 16:42:37
Is anybody successfully running group-quotas ?
I have all my quotafiles on my root-disk in a directory /quotas.
quotacheck runs fine.

But has anybody else noticed that depending on whether quotas
are turned on or off before quotacheck is run, quotacheck has
a different effect, in fact it seems to be producing two different
databases one for when quotas are turned on and one for when they
are off.

To repeat do following:
quotaoff -av
rm /quotas/* (or wherever your quota-files are situated)
quotacheck -av.
quota -v -g wheel
quotaon -av
quota -v -g wheel

If you look the different callings of quota will list a different
amount of usage, what is more frustrating is that for a certain
group (which contains just over 300 users) the quota-usage displayed
when quotas are enable is nil, rendering quota-limitation useless.

Can someone explain the mistake or my misinterpretation of the
usage of quotas ?
Cheers
--
Eat the rich -- the poor are tough and stringy.