Subject: Notes on Current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Marc Wandschneider <storm>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1993 13:51:43
Moo!

        Well, I appear to have managed to get current up and running
        fully now, and compiled in a new kernel, which means that
        I can compile programs larger than two files without the
        kernel panicing.

        However, I now have run into another weird problem---certain
        programs just don't work any more...

        w, and ps -u generate floating exceptions.

        vmstat, iostat, and swapinfo no longer work, with the following
        errors

lanfear# vmstat
vmstat: dk_ndrive -1

lanfear# iostat
iostat: invalid dk_ndrive -1

lanfear# swapinfo
swapinfo: malloc: Undefined error: 0

lanfear# netstat
???
???

        ie, it seems as though things that need /kmem no trabaje no
        more.

        This is using the GENERICAHA kernel as of yesterday afternoon,
        with only the mms driver added.  Commenting out the CPU_I386
        and options MATH_EMULATE lines didn't help the floating
        exception problems...

        So, before I go and start messing around, has anybody seen
        this before, and if so, any idea what I can do to fix it?

                                                Marc 'em.