Subject: X problem
To: None <ryan-j@spawar.navy.mil>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1993 14:39:23
ryan-j@spawar.navy.mil writes:
> Anyone had any problems with XFree86-2.0 and NetBSD??
> I am having a hard time exiting from it.  It will load fine, but
> after typing exit in the console window, it will exit to a point
> then hang.  This happens if the errors are not redirected to a
> file.  If I do redirect the errors, I can exit, but after exiting
> the shell is rendered useless, saying TIOCSPGRP failed, errno=25
> after typing in any command.  Any suggestions???

You shouldn't be logging on to /dev/console if you are using X.  Make
/dev/vga (with MAKEDEV) if it doesn't already exist, modify your
/etc/ttys to use vga instead of console, reboot for good measure, and
your problem should be fixed.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science