Subject: Telnet/Rlogin/Ftp against SVR4 fails
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@bi-link.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1993 14:26:25
I run a SVR4 (ESIX 4.0.4) and a NetBSD-current system (from last saturday's
tar-files) on a local ethernet. IP works fine, I use SMTP for mail delivery
without any problems. NFS in both directions works fine too.

But I can not rlogin or telnet from the NetBSD box to the SVR4. The same is
true (and long has been) for ftp - using the SVR4 ftp client to talk to the
NetBSD server works fine, but not the other way around. For ftp this has been
a more or less known fact for a lot of BSD'ish systems, it doesn't work from
SUN OS 4.1.1 either.

But telnet and rlogin used to work in 0.9.

Any hints?

Martin