Subject: XFree 2.0?
To: current <>
From: D. Jay Newman <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1993 14:45:19

Has anybody gotten the stock version of XFree 2.0 (the one compiled
for netbsd) to work with the current distribution?

I am using the current distribution (sometime about the beginning
of November), and when I tried XFree 2.0, it caused a reboot of
my machine.  This was the first time I've ever tried X, so it
might be an incorrect Xconfig file, but I don't know.

I was trying to use the Mach32 server, having some sort of ATI GUP
(the one with DRAM).  I have 8 megs of RAM, and 40 megs of swap
(on two disks).
D. Jay Newman           !  We were all born to live with magic, the             !  entire human race.  We're never more than !  half-alive without it.  -- Fred Saberhagen