Subject: Re: another ld and X patches
To: None <,>
From: Paul Kranenburg <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1993 13:47:31
> I guess that you might want to make ld load .sa files, when going for
> 100% Sun compatibility on NetBSD/sparc. But not for the i386 version?
> <cue for Paul Kranenburg to step in and give the final word on this :)>

It won't be needed for compatibility on the sparc port either (this isn't a
Sparc issue even, it's a SunOS issue), unless you are going to link against
SunOS shared libraries (which I wouldn't recommend).

I'm considering adding `.sa' searches for use on SunOS 4.x, where our ld can
prove useful for creating shared C++ libs (once it is sorted out how to do it).