ATF-devel archive

Running tests with different path for Kyuafiles and binaries ?

Hi,

I probably have missed something, but I have the following problem.

I am using ATF+Kyua in a project that I am running. Some of the developers working in the project prefer to keep the sources away from the built files and, so, create a 'build/' directory and execute the configure file from this location.

The result for the test framework is that the test binaries will lie in the $(top_builddir) directory and the Kyuafile will stay in the $(top_srcdir) directory.

I am already running 'kyua test --kyuafile=$(top_srcdir)' from my Makefile in order to find the Kyuafiles. But, it breaks when I am specifying: atf_test_program{name="$(top_builddir)/my_test"}

Very likely because the '$(top_builddir)' is not replaced by its value.

I also tried to play with configuration variable and to add a 'top_builddir' variable. But, it seems that the variables are just fixed for once and no extra variable can be added through the configuration file.

Finally, I tried to embed a bit of Lua inside the Kyuafile (os.execute("echo $(top_builddir)")) with no more success either.

So, I am running a bit out of ideas. Would anybody have a hint to get this done ? :)

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.
By all means, do not use a hammer.
  -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925