ATF-devel archive

Re: atf-test-program : is it actually used anywhere?

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 12:02:19PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Hi,
>     I see several references to atf-test-program in manpages and
> source files and there's a manpage for the `program', but it doesn't
> appear to be invoked anywhere in tests/... in the NetBSD source tree,
> nor is it installed via external/bsd/atf/... When I tried to invoke
> the program from within my test program to list Test_Cases like the
> manpage claimed I could it bombed via set -e:
>
> atf-test-program: not found
> tp-start: regress.sh, 0
> tp-end: regress.sh, Invalid format for test case list: 1: Unexpected
> token `<<EOF>>'; expected a header name
>
>     Any clues as to whether or not this is just dead code / references
> that need to be reaped in the ATF -> Kyua migration?

The "atf-test-program" manual page is an attempt to being a generic
manual page that applies to any test program written using atf-c, atf-c++
and atf-sh.  The test programs reference it, but there is no such binary
called "atf-test-program".

If you have some suggestions as to how to prevent the confusion let
me know!

--
Julio Merino