ATF-devel archive

Re: How to integrate atf with autotools

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov
<> wrote:
> Hello,
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Julio Merino <>
> wrote:
>> Did you know that you can also create XML/HTML reports with atf right
>> now?  atf-report can output to XML, and atf ships with sample XSLT/CSS
>> files to process the output and generate a "nice" page.
> Yes, I know. I first had to add ATF's dtd to the system catalog -
> without doing it I received some warnings by xsltproc:
> $ sudo xmlcatmgr add system
> /opt/local/share/xml/atf/tests-results.dtd

Correct; that's actually mentioned at the bottom of the INSTALL file.

> Yes, this is the best way. Now I declare the test programs in test_PROGRAMS:
> testsdir = $(exec_prefix)/tests/cryptoexamples
> tests_DATA = Atffile
> tests_PROGRAMS = test_seed_prng
> test_seed_prng_SOURCES = seed_prng.c test_seed_prng.c
> I am also surprised that test_PROGRAMS variable is not mentioned at
> all in automake manual.

That's because this variable has no special meaning.  automake defines
a set of "primaries" and PROGRAMS is one of them.  The prefix of the
variable specifies where the programs go -- bin, sbin and libexec are
standard prefixes, but tests is not.  So in your case, the tests
prefix just says "put the files in testsdir".  Similarly, this would

foodir = /my/random/path
foo_PROGRAMS = program1

Julio Merino