ATF-devel archive

Re: Test interdependences, and globals

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:07:37 +0100
Julio Merino <jmmv%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

While a math library where each test is isolated would work fine, a gui would
not as they have state. Example a test that should be skipped instead pops up a
new window that blocks out an underlying window. The tests that would have
worked for the next group of steps on the underlying window now fails. Now I
have a false negative. Which for very small tests might be fine, but when
running with thousands of steps possibly for days this will not work. The only
way around this that I could think of would be to restart the gui for every
test, and put all the steps into a single test, but with thousands of steps
this will take longer than the current manual method.
 ATF seems to be closer to what I want than others, so looks like I can just
put in my hacks to get what I need. I find the levels, and grouping that
currently exist very useful, so hope this feature remains.

--
Cliff Wright <cliff%snipe444.org@localhost>