ATF-devel archive

Re: Keeping temporary directory to debug ATF testcases ?

On Fri Sep 18 2009 at 10:55:04 +0200, Nicolas Joly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I currently do encounter some crashes when running ATF fs testcases on
> my -current NetBSD/amd64 workstation. No doubt ATF is not in fault,
> but it does currently disallow debugging the problem ... by
> unconditionnally removing the test temporary directory it created.

You are not alone with this problem.  I think jmmv is working on a new
version which should make debugging failed tests easier.  Hurry up,
damit ;)

> By example:

> tcs-count: 1
> tc-start: renamerace
> /tmp/ffsatf.img: 4.9MB (10000 sectors) block size 4096, fragment size
> 512
>         using 4 cylinder groups of 1.22MB, 313 blks, 608 inodes.
> super-block backups (for fsck_ffs -b #) at:
> 32, 2536, 5040, 7544,
> tc-end: renamerace, failed, Test case did not exit cleanly:
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Is there a way to mannually disable this cleanup ? For now, the only
> way i see is to debug all this stuff outside the ATF framework ...

Not really relevant to this list, but: I know there's still some race
in rename, but I've never seen it fail with a segfault.  If you can
reproduce it outside of atf and get a good trace, contact me off-list.