Subject: Re: audio on NetBSD
To: Kevin D. Brierly <kbrierly@ottime.chi.il.us>
From: llucius <llucius@millcomm.com>
List: amiga
Date: 04/29/1996 09:01:16
On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Kevin D. Brierly wrote:

> Hi Thomas (Thomas Corte), in <22768e9a.u8t20e.493e0-thomasc@tiberius.knipp.de> on Apr 28 you wrote:
>
> >Hi YU, in <9604211720.AA26044@cs4.lamar.edu> on Apr 21 you wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone tell me whether audio device is supported on NetBSD-Amiga or not.
> >
> >I compiled a kernel with the 1.1-adapted audio stuff in
> >experimental/audio-src11.tar.gz from Regensburg, and it works.
> I have compiled the audio source into my kernel as well. the only problem
> is the modload fails.

The way I got around this problem was to compile my kernel with the
INSECURE option.  From looking at "kern_lkm.c" it appears that you could
boot into single user mode, do the modload, and proceed to multiuser mode.

__ Y_ a_ m_ b_ o_ | The leanest, meanest, fightinest sweet tater on Earth!
   oo o  oo o  o  |
    o       o   o | llucius@millcomm.com
 o oo    o     o  |
-- -- -- -- -- -- | http://www.millcomm.com/~llucius       (maybe one day)