Subject: Re: problem with X under NetBSD Amiga 1.1
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
From: Kari J Mettinen <mettinen@cc.helsinki.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 04/10/1996 05:16:36

> > ed0: length does not match next packet pointer
> > ed0: len e262 nlen fe62 start 0c first 00 curr 71 next ff stop 40
> > ed0: NIC memory corrupt -- invalid packet length 65122
> > ed0: reset
> >
> > What does this means ?
>
> It means the Hydra driver thinks its memory has been corrupted.  This seems
> to happen after every reboot on my system.
>
> > and how can i fix this if there is anything to fix ?
>
> Just ignore the message.

  Or solder more mem on the Hydra like I did =) ( and change one line
in amig/dev/if_ed.c ), if you already have 64K of mem on the hydra
you just need to change that one line. Adding mem really helps on
my machine, no more 'ed0: reset's with heavy traffic.

--
INTERNET:mettinen@cc.helsinki.fi   | _ // |
         Kari.Mettinen@helsinki.fi | \X/  |