Subject: Installation problem on A4000/IDE
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: L. Pasciuto +39 2 4388 7476 <Luigi.Pasciuto@italtel.it>
List: amiga
Date: 04/09/1996 15:47:18
Hi there. This is the first time I write
on this list. I'm a new user of NetBSD 1.0.
I'm trying to install it on a:
A4000/040 25 MHz
16 Mb Fast RAM
2 Mb Chip RAM
1 IDE HD Western Digital Caviar 340 MB (master)
1 IDE HD    "       "	    "   850 MB (salve)
I've prepared by HDToolBox the four partitions
necessary to NetBSD with the right settings and
sizes (X-Window setup) but during the installation
by floppy (inst-10.fs) it fails when try to
format and mount boths root and /usr partitions.
It reply the following message:
newfs: ioctl (WDINFO) :
invalid argument
newfs: /dev/rsd1a: can't rewrite disklabel
That's the question: is there any IDE HD list
compatible with NetBSD ?
Are there any other reasons why the installation
fails on my system ? I've checked several times
dostype, reserved blocks .... as mentioned into
install doc in the NetBSD (Gateway ! CD) pack,
but nothing. Please help me !

Regards,

			Luigi