Subject: Re: error using loadbsd
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Preston <tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 04/02/1996 14:56:53

> I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.1 on my A3000.  I have a 200 meg HD partitioned
> as follows:
>
> 	root - 20 meg
> 	swap - 40 meg
> 	usr  - 100 meg
> 	local - 40 meg
>
> I have given the proper identifier in hdtoolbox for each partition and the
> other misc that the INSTALL docs instruct me to do during hdtoolbox.
>
> xstreamtodev --input=inst-11.fs --rdb-name=swap
> works fine, but when I type "loadbsd -b netbsd" I'm greeted
> with the following:
>
> loadbsd: open: No such file or directory.
>
> loadbsd is in my C: path so I'm not sure what the problem is.  I have
> ixemul.library in my libs: (albeit probrobly +2yrs old).  Any ideas on
> what is going wrong?  Thanks for any help you may provide.
>
> -chris
> chuff@ee.pdx.edu

To me it looks like you are not pointing loadbsd at the kernel file
(netbsd) corectly. If this isn't in the current directory you will need to
specify the directory it is in.

eg. when my system does it's initial boot through the Intuition into NetBSD
I use:

data:netbsd/distribution/loadbsd -ap -n 2 data:netbsd/distribution/netbsd

to start things, this is because I don't have paths setup at the time this
is run, but note that I specify the path to netbsd

Possibly the best way of running loadbsd if it's in the path is to change
to the directory containg the netbsd kernel file and run it from there.

Sorry if the above looks a bit patronising, just making sure ;)

--
Tim Preston                                    tim@graywolfe.redcat.org.uk

              Night I left the city, I dreamt of a wolf...

http://www.graywolfe.redcat.org.uk/                 Home of the Wolfe Pack