Subject: Need Help (fwd)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Demarco <mikejd@voicenet.com>
List: amiga
Date: 02/24/1996 20:25:42
 Greetings all:

 	I am new to NetBSD and to this mail list, and I am in need of some
 help! I have NetBSD_1.1 and have configured my hard drive as per the
 INSTALL instructions, after running
 xstreamtodev --input=inst-11.fs --rdb-name=2 (2 = my swap partition name) then
 loadbsd -b netbsd
 This will reboot my system and after the screen flashes white it turns black
 and the drive light comes on and stays on. Nothing else happens!
 	I believe the problem is with my guru rom on the GVP040 card, this
 requires the driver omniscsi.device.
 question: Do I need a kernel that has the omniscsi.device in it. If so does
 anyone out there have such a kernel that I may use to get my system up and
 running? Or maybe that is not the problem at all. This I do not know.
 Any comments or advise would be appreciated. My system is as follows
 A2000
 GVP040/33 with 16meg ram / guru rom
 2meg agnus
 2meg GVP mem card