Subject: Device Drivers Info wanted
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Marohn <marohn@iquest.net>
List: amiga
Date: 02/11/1996 11:26:00
Hi,

Where can I find info on how to write a device driver for a Magneto Optical
drive?  Maybe I can modify an existing driver.

Currently it is recognized as a scsi disk (sd?).  I don't know the disk
geometry so using it as a disk is out of the question.  I would like to use
it as a tape drive.  I can tar to it as long as I don't exceed the capacity
of the disk.

The drive is reported by NetBSD as not to support a mode sense command.

I found a file, /usr/src/sys/scsi/st.c, that appears to be the one to
modify since it has ident strings for various tape drives.  Is this file to
modify?

Thanks for you help.

John

marohn@iquest.net