Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 and Picasso - possible solution
To: fr30" , "amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: amiga
Date: 02/10/1996 20:15:38
George Harvey wrote:
> The fix involves changes to grf_cl.c, ite_cl.c and grf_clreg.h so you
> will need a working system with the kernel sources in order to be able
> to apply the changes. (Picasso owners would have to either temporarily
> remove their card or, as I did, initially recompile the 1.1 kernel on a
> 1.0 system)

 Not all Picasso-owners have to.

 Have you tried the fixes that Klaus Burkert send me, which I uploaded on
ftp.uni-regensburg.de?  (Filename is picasso_ariadne.tar.gz) Klaus is the
hardware developer of the Picasso.  His fixes basically are all around the
hidden DAC register, which causes the problem.  Also, some other fixes have
been applied.

--
Markus Illenseer