Subject: Re: Quick PPP question.
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 02/02/1996 10:28:56
SULEWSKIJ@delphi.com wrote:
: I just installed NetBSD 1.1 after I lost all my harddrive partitions.
: So unfortunately I lost the etc directory as well.  To get to the point,
: I want to run PPP but I forget what I have to do.  I used to invoke it
: as so
:
: pppd /dev/tty00 19200 defaultroute
:
: and that worked great! But now it doesn't work so great.  I suppose it
: is because I am suppose to set up some stuff in the etc directory. I would
: think in the hosts file.  Can anyone tell me what to do or give a hint?

Read "man pppd".

Hint: "touch /etc/ppp/options" as root should work, I guess, (you don't
write what goes wrong so I can't tell you what you have to do to mend it)
but you better would read the docs once a year, especially if you don't know
what's happening. :-)

Regards,
	Ignatios