Subject: A4000T and NetBSD 1.1
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Paul <xeglon@shell.portal.com>
List: amiga
Date: 01/22/1996 22:55:35
Hello group!

Has anyone had any problems using NetBSD 1.1 with an A4000/SCSI?

I'm trying to setup an A4000T w/4091 SCSI controller and the system
boots fine, all the way up to the SCSI controller and freezes.

The following conditions occur:
   - The Drive LED is not lit. (i.e. no disk activity)
   - 2 kernals have been tried. GENERIC and a custom
      kernal compiled with sync_inhibit set for no sync.,
      support for the afsc0 and little more. (no video besides native,
      no ethernet, no other disk controllers, etc.)

   - No address information is displayed for the SCSI card:
      the last line on the boot screen is:
         afsc0
      with nothing following whatsoever.

Any hints, tips, insights would be greatly appreciated!

This A4000 was "born to run."   We just need the right size
tennis shoes!  =)

Cheers!
Steve Paul,  McCue Systems, Inc.               	              Unix/VMS/C/C++
stevep@mccue.com 					       SUN/AMIGA/DEC
xeglon@shell.portal.com	  "If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."

Note: The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the views of my employer.