Subject: Re: Amiga UNIX
To: Scott J. Kramer <sjk@lux.com>
From: White Trash <mdugas@laraby.tiac.net>
List: amiga
Date: 01/17/1996 06:48:34
On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Scott J. Kramer wrote:

> On Jan 16, 16:50, (Jerry Heyman, SysAdmin - Applied Research Labs, U wrote:
> > Subject: Re: Amiga UNIX
> > In your message <Pine.LNX.3.91.960116163314.605J-100000@lille-kanutten.nvg.unit
> > .no>, you wrote:
>
> 			.	.	.
>
> Now, how can I grab that X11 app running on my workstation at the
> office...? :-)

Ah, have to love that...

Most x apps support a sort of -console option, where you say, i.e.,
bar:~> xroach -console foo:0.0 -speed 3 -color blue

And it'll run it using your workstation's memory, CPU, etc., but route
the app's window/output to your system at home, in this case, foo, from
your workstation, in this case, bar.  I don't know of a way to do it
after the app is running... If anyone has suggestions as to how to do
this, I'd love to hear them, because I've wanted to do it a few times.

--
Mike Dugas
mdugas@tiac.net