Subject: Re: BSD on 3000(no roms)
To: Blitter <dkaupp@netcom.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: amiga
Date: 01/09/1996 21:44:22
On Tue, 9 Jan 1996 18:56:46 -0800 (PST)
 Blitter <dkaupp@netcom.com> wrote:

 >  I'm going to be installing BSD on a softkicked A3000 (the one with no
 > roms, just a rom file). If there is any additional info concerning the
 > softkicked 3000's and NetBSD, probs and solutions. I would like to know
 > if there are going to be any additional stepping stones during the
 > install process.

Agad ... my old roommate has one of those ... I installed NetBSD on the
beast, and it worked great.  I don't remember any nasty quirks, except
that you need to be careful when setting up your partitions ... I got
screwed when I accidentally disabled the ADOS boot partition ...

Anyhow, it worked fine.  It's the machine I got the ASDG ethernet card
working on (with some help from chopps).  Good luck!