Subject: BSD on 3000(no roms)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Blitter <>
List: amiga
Date: 01/09/1996 18:56:46
 I'm going to be installing BSD on a softkicked A3000 (the one with no
roms, just a rom file). If there is any additional info concerning the
softkicked 3000's and NetBSD, probs and solutions. I would like to know
if there are going to be any additional stepping stones during the
install process.

 I ran into some trouble with Linux, when I had the Rom image loaded it
would unvalidate the first 4 megs of fast ram and I had to boot without
the rom image(which I do normally now) or let the bootstrap program know
not to use the first 4 megs of fastram. It took me a month to isolate
that problem to finally get Linux booted ;).

btw I couldnt find any mention of this in the Faq, I'm hoping that is not
a problem :)

Dave          //  IRC: SigBit                Sanity check
AMIGA Technologies Homepage     //   The Amiga Web Directory    on memory                 \\//   failed.
Visit my page