Subject:'s archive upgraded to 1.1
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: amiga
Date: 01/09/1996 00:58:25
I've just finished an upgrade of the archive of in
/pub/NetBSD-Amiga to match the current release version of NetBSD/amiga

I've checked all the things under contrib under 1.1, and repackaged most of
them that didn't already install under /usr/local, plus adding EasyInstall
scripts. This should make it possible to install allmost every packages by
untarring them in / and invoking /usr/local/<pkg>/install/

Amongst other things ...
 - The documentation (docs/*) is still out of date. Anyone? :)
 - I've tried to seperate the experimental dir on the releases the things
   were intended for. Same for kernels
 - All binary-packages now contain the OS-version for which they've been
   compiled, e.g. bin10, bin10A, etc.
 - Renamed some dirs.
 - TeX shold now be usable "out of the box", read the readme
 - Contrib/X11/X11R6/bin11 is the same as the Bernds "old" upload,
   just the apps ripped out.
 - Adduser has been upgraded to work with perl5 and NetBSD 1.1
 - EasyInstall has some more tweaks in it (stay tuned for 2.0 ;-)

As always, the archive can be accessed from the above directory on, or from one of its mirrors:

Server                  Path                            Contact
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------             /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga   /pub/machines/amiga/NetBSD      Andreas Heitmann
<>    /pub/systems/amiga/netbsd     /pub/amiga/unix/NetBSD        /pub/unix/systems/NetBSD-Amiga      /pub/comp/amiga/NetBSD-Amiga     /pub/amiga/NetBSD
              softadm@ftp.Uni-Augsburg.DE            /index/NetBSD-Amiga             Kimmo Ketolainen
<>          /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Ron Roskens
<>          /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Hubert Feyrer
<>            /pub/amiga/NetBSD-Amiga         /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Kolbjxrn Barmen

If you run a mirror of the NetBSD-Archive here, please send me a note!
Also, i'm still looking for mirrors in Great Britain and Australia.

Happy NetBSD'ing,

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet:, IRC: hubertf