Subject: Ethernet cards
To: NetBSD Amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Garth Corral <garthc@compass-da.sanjose.compass-da.com>
List: amiga
Date: 01/08/1996 13:12:46
Hello all,

    It's me again.  I had posted a question about a month ago asking
about ethernet cards and drivers.  I got a few responses but the thread
mutated into a discussion about the relative merits of NFS vs. FTP :-).

    It doesn't really matter because I still wasn't able to find a card...
Until now, that is.  I have someone who wants to sell me an A4066.  I am
unfamiliar with this card or it's manufacturer (Ameristar?).  The
questions I have are these:

	What is a fair price for this card (he wants $200 U.S.)?
	Will it work in an A3000?
	Does it support multicasting?
	Does the NetBSD-Amiga driver for it support multicasting?
	Are there any advantages/disadvantages to this card vs. others
            (A2065)?

    I know this may not be the most appropriate place to post this but I
thought that I could get some feedback about this card WRT NetBSD.

Much thanks in advance,
    Garth Corral.