Subject: Building
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henric Jungheim <>
List: amiga
Date: 01/01/1996 19:10:04
I'm running NetBSD1.1 (supped/built on Dec. 27th) on an a4000/WarpEngine
w/ 16MB.

I can't seem to get gcc 2.7.2 (from MIT, config'ed for m68k-*-netbsd1.1)
to build properly (the only change I've made to gcc was for it to
default to -m68020-40; forcing a "-m68020" on the command line has no
effect on the symptoms).  Anyway, the compile works fine, but "make
install" fails.  I get a "strip.core" in the rtld directory and the
that was in the /usr/libexec dir is gone (which was rather annoying the
first time; now I keep a backup copy of handy).  If I try to run
"install" without the "-s"  option, then anything that uses shared
libraries segmentation faults.  If I try to "strip" the file directly
strip (apparently) works, but the resulting also causes segmentation

Is it something I've done to mess up gcc or has someone else seen this

Also, I can't confirm this, but I think "install <filename> ." crashed my
machine (i.e., I installed something in the current directory to the
current directory).  I was running X11 and everything just froze up when I
tried that "install".  I will test this again just before my next "halt".