Subject: Re: A plea to the experts (Re: X11R6)
To: Ralph Seichter <zodiac@darkness.gun.de>
From: Ola Eric Olsson <oeolsson@CERF.NET>
List: amiga
Date: 12/17/1995 14:05:19
On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Ralph Seichter wrote:

> Maybe one of the cracks can find the time to compose an up-to-date Xcl
> archive, complete with binaries, grfmode table for some monitors, and the
> tools? I think this could save you from answering newbie's X-related
> questions over and over again, .............

Yippee!
I'm a 'newbie' and I finally got X11R6 up and running with NetBSD 1.1. I
pieced together all the recent replies, interpolated between the
not-so-obvious instructions, and added some trial and error. Now I
finally get it! If anyone needs help installing to a Spectrum/CyberGraphX
setup I'll be happy to tell all I know.

About grfconfig; it only sets the monitor definitions at run time. Other
than creating an executable script, combining grfconfig and startx, is
there a way to permanently set grf3 with my monitor definitions? Also,
the other 'grfx' files seem to be unreadable and/or inaccessible to
grfconfig. What is there purpose?

Ola