Subject: Re: X11R6
To: Michael Teske <teske@y4me.desy.de>
From: Ola Eric Olsson <oeolsson@CERF.NET>
List: amiga
Date: 12/15/1995 06:01:42

> As almost everyone who has problems you forgot to define your Monitor
> Modes with grfconfig with an appropriate modes file (it's time to write a
> FAQ!). As you have CybergraphX you could try to use readcvmonitor to
> transfer your (non-interlace)- CyberGraphX modes to NetBSD, it'S un
> uni-regensburg in NetBSD-AMiga/tools.
> --
> Michael Teske (teske@dice2.desy.de)

Thanks Michael and to everyone else who responds here. Now I and some
others that have the same problem have a direction. (Even if I don't get
X11 working soon I do enjoy seeing the interaction between so many
different parts of the world).

Your right about a new FAQ! Everytime a new reply, like yours appears, it
seems to describe a process or function or argument I've never heard of.
There's just too much taken for granted to allow beginners like me to
enter easily into this area. I work with a Silicon Graphics machine at my
job but, I'm insulated from much of the inner workings of the system by
the system administrator. I'd like to know much more, to make me really
dangerous!, eh?

Thanks again,
Ola