Subject: Re: NextStep
To: None <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Jonas Petersson <zap@indic.se>
List: amiga
Date: 12/15/1995 10:27:03
dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca wrote:

> [on nextstep window managers deleted]
>
> bjorn> ]amiwm]
>
>      Is there anything in this that is specific to the Amiga NetBSD
> port, or should it run on other ports (specifically sparc)?

I compiled it on HP-UX using the supplied "configure" script and had no
problems at all, so my guess is that it should run on just about anything.

It looks great, but appears to have one minor flaw: X_GetProperty
fails with "BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)" from some applications.
In most cases this appears to be nonfatal, but for instace "ml" wont
open it's subwindows because of this. I haven't had time to look into
how to fix this - any wm guru here? One that is fixed and the "Backdrop"
option can be switched off I'll scrap mwm. I would probably hack it to
honor "*.mwmDecorations" too though.

			/ Jonas