Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 installation trouble (fwd)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 12/14/1995 11:31:31
Marco Musso (musso@di.unito.it) wrote:
:
: On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Guenther Grau wrote:
:
: > > A4000/040 16+2
: > > Oktagon 2008 (I'd like to use my ZIP drive)
: >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^
: > Since when is this hostadapter supported?
:
: It isn't !!! I'd like to use it but it isn't currently suported.
:
: > What happens if you take this one out?
:
: I don't know, but it isn't configured by kernel, only reported...

Well, take it out and try again.

NetBSD doesn't do its own AutoConfig(tm), it just copies the configuration
the Expansion.library found. So we know that at that point the device is
not in a "shutup" state. As it was configured and (potentially) in use before
booting NetBSD, it might well be misbehaving; e.g. create some interupts which
would have been serviced by the Oktagon's device driver (the AmigaOS one).

Or, as a less drastic measure: take its device driver out of whatever it
is in (sys:expansion drawer, or comment out the devs:mountlist entry for
it, or do whatever else you did to get it working reversed) before
booting NetBSD.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis