Subject: Re: HD Disks
To: None <steve@onshore.com>
From: David Windsor <un047@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 12/14/1995 01:05:32
>	I'm not really sure (I don't have an HD disk, so can't try it myself),
>but I thought that /dev/fd?b was the device for High Density disks.

fd0b is the HD dev? I didn't know that, but then I don't know what most
of the stuff in the /dev directory is =8-\

>	For backing up, you should be able to use tar or dump with this
>device node, as long as you specify multi-volume.  cpio should work as well.

dump works fine, with the dd diskettes anyways

>	IMHO, It's probably safer to do it under NetBSD with double density
>than to do it under AmigaDos with high density.  Of course, the easiest
>solution is to grab a cheap tape drive :^)

using my old diskettes is even cheaper =8-)

Thanks for the dev info.

--
 _
|_>avid \/\/indsor                            un047@freenet.victoria.bc.ca