Subject: Re: X11R6 install
To: Karl Stenerud <mock@res.com>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@cs.umn.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/13/1995 09:17:16
Karl Stenerud writes:
> Ok, I have almost everything running.. just 2 more problems:
>
> When it gets to the fonts, one of the compile options is -ldbm.
> Since I have no libdbm, it naturally fails.
>
> Where do I get this library?  or is it even necessary to have it?
>
> Also, there are some programs in the programs subdir that require
> the encryption libraries.  But I need to specify -lcrypt to include
> them.
>
> Where in the tree should I add the -lcrypt?  Should it be at the
> program directory, or in the individual programs?

It sounds like the config/cf files aren't properly setup.

What does your config/cf/NetBSD.cf file look like?

It should contain these lines at least to solve your problem:
#define	DBMLibrary	/**/
#define	HasNdbm		YES
#define	HasLibCrypt	YES

These will negate the -ldbm (its builtin to libc).
HasLibCrypt does what it says too.

Of course after checking on these you'll need to do a "make Makefiles" to
update all the makefiles in the source tree.

Ron

--
U of MN - CS, ACM SysAdmin 	| Life is a simulation of reality.
email:roskens@cs.umn.edu	| http://www.cs.umn.edu/users/roskens/