Subject: sendmail.cf ?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Savage <savage@dg-rtp.dg.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/12/1995 13:31:34
I've gotten NetBSD-1.1 installed on my A3000 with X11R6 (Xdaniver) and
it's pretty nice! Thanks go out to everyone that worked on it!

I still do have problems with the tape drive (Archive Viper, 150MB), but
I will try some various suggestions (different minor nodes when
accessing it) to see if it fixes the problem.

My current gotcha is something else.  I have not setup networking yet
but have attempted to send email to myself by mailing a document within
Mosaic.

First problem I noted: Mosaic tries to run /usr/lib/sendmail and there
is none.  I symlinked /usr/lib/sendmail to point to /usr/[s]bin/sendmail
(forget which) and it got farther, but not quite...  This could be my
real problem, not sure.

But, the mail doesn't get delivered even though it's a valid user.  Says
my machine name is "not valid".  Apparently, the way the sendmail.cf is
shipped, it requires the network to be up and running even if it is
delivering local email - is that true? If so, anyone have any pointers
on what to change or where to find an alternate sendmail.cf file?

Thanks,

	--Ed

--
Edward G. Savage				savage@dg-rtp.dg.com