Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Install problem
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <j.westfahl@genie.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/10/1995 13:17:00
Hello.  I'm having a problem installing NetBSD 1.1 on my A3000.  I have 2Meg
Chip, 8Meg Fast, Picasso II 2Meg, 68030 25MHz, and various storage including
CDROM, Magneto-Optical (650Meg Sony,) 2 SCSI Hard Drives (730Meg Quantum and
120Meg Maxtor,) and a 420Meg IDE.  I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.1 onto the
120Meg Maxtor.  I have it partitioned correctly according to the INSTALL doc.
I use xstreamtodev to copy the inst-11.fs to the swap partition, according to
the INSTALL file, and then use 'loadbsd -b netbsd' to start NetBSD.  When it
prompts for the root partition, I type 'sd2*' -- this is where the problems
start.  First, it gives errors about cylinder numbers being wrong, but I don't
think this is a big deal.  Then it does this:

dumping to dev 421, offset 5792
dump 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 succeeced

Then it waits a second or two, and crashes (resets, whatever.)  Any ideas on
what could be wrong here?  Everything else seems to work, it uses the Picasso,
and doesn't hang on the CD (I couldn't get 1.0 to stop hanging on the SCSI,
no idea what was wrong.)  Any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks.

				Jeff Westfahl
				j.westfahl@genie.com