Subject: Re: A3000 system clock
To: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 12/09/1995 11:22:16
> - I get to choose between one or the other.  Either way someone needs to write
>   a complex program to *properly* handle setting the time up.  I choose to
>   leave that to AmigaDos whose time is already messed up.
>
> My main goal is not the co-existence of the 2 OS's or the proper
> functioning of a "dead" OS.  My responsibility as port master is to
> insure that NetBSD/Amiga be as clean and elegant as can be.

Amen.  I had my Amigas set to GMT even before I knew anything about NetBSD.
I didn't want to move the time forward and backward twice a year.  Please
don't change anything in NetBSD - I want it to work like it does.  Besides,
many people who run NetBSD don't run AmigaOS on the same machines, anyway,
so writing a kludge would only make things worse for them.

It works - don't touch it. :-)

  -jm