Subject: Re: A3000 system clock
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/08/1995 20:17:35
In article <9512081818.AA27236@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>,
Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu> wrote:
>   Or you write an adjkerntz program (or get the FreeBSD one) and run it
> on startup.  [What happens if you run it from /etc/rc.local, shutdown to
> single user mode, and then switch back to multi-user mode?  Is the FreeBSD
> adjkerntz program smart enough to handle that?]

I wrote a version of this, which was smart enough to handle multiple
invocations (in fact, it could be run from cron if you like, to readjust
the offset when DST changes occur), but it was rejected. I still
disagree with the reasoning, and I still think that the way NetBSD/Amiga
operates right now is argubaly a bug (it doesn't program the hardware
correctly, since the Amiga standard is that the hardware contains the
local time). But, I decided to live with it rather than starting
another ofshoot OS (sigh...).