Subject: Re: Getting Tape to Stream
To: None <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 12/08/1995 12:25:07
> 	I'd just like to jump in and add that I havn't been able to
> get a 150 archive viper to work under AmigaDOS 2.04.  I have the
> GVP Series II controller on my 030 equipped 500.

I have never seen a GVP controller that works well with a tape drive.
They may work with NetBSD, but the GVP SCSI drivers don't work, period.

When I bought my Wangtek tape drive, I was trying to use it with a GVP
controller.  Whenever I accessed the hard disk while tape was running,
the SCSI bus _always_ locked up.  I have never had any problems since
I moved the tape drive to my A3000 (which has four other SCSI devices
on the same bus).

GVP's drivers do not work. ;-) :-(

  -jm

--