Subject: Getting Tape to Stream
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: amiga
Date: 12/07/1995 23:25:13
>>>>> "Darren" == Darren Steven <> writes:

Darren> Help, I have just obtained temporary access to an Archive
Darren> Viper 150 SCSI tape unit. I am having trouble getting it to
Darren> work efficiently under NetBSD (1.0) and AmigaDOS.

Darren> Under AmigaDOS, I can get good performance (constant tape
Darren> motion) from IDE disk to SCSI tape (no contention) using BTN
Darren> handler.

	I'd just like to jump in and add that I havn't been able to
get a 150 archive viper to work under AmigaDOS 2.04.  I have the
GVP Series II controller on my 030 equipped 500.  I have attached DAT
drives before (no problem)... but the Archive Viper is as likely to
lock up the SCSI bus as to work with it...  I managed to use BTN to
write a little bit to it... but  I finally just gave up on it.

|David Gilbert, PCI, Inc., Richmond Hill      | Two things can only be     |
|               |  equal if and only if they |
|               |   are precisely opposite.  |