Subject: Re: A Few Final Questions
To: Charlie Moody <chmood@photobooks.atdc.gatech.edu>
From: Jose Alburquerque <albu3619@css1s0.engr.ccny.cuny.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/06/1995 23:32:36
On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Charlie Moody wrote:

> > On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Charlie Moody wrote:
> >
> > > I find the 'NetBSD beginner's Guide to TCP/IP'?
> > >
> > There's a good FAQ.  If I'm not mistaken it's called "Beginner's Guide to
> > Networking for NetBSD Amiga" or something like that.  You can probably
> > get it from any site that has Amiga specific s[Dtuff.  Look in "doc"
> > subdirectory somewhere in the tree.
>
> A logical effort, yet I've not found it @ netnet, or (I think) @netbsd (I
> believe that's the same faq I was asking about)

@ netnet (ftp.netnet.net) in the /pub2/NetBSD-Amiga/docs subdirectory,
there's loads of FAQ's and information.  Take a look! :)

> A sure site is ftp.uni-regensberg.de. >
> I try to avoid transatlantic ftp, but I may reduced to it.

Now that you know about netnet, you may not have to.

> > > Is NetBSD 1.1 *known* to work w/ GVP's GForce 40mHz '030/'882 boards?
> > > Are there any known pitfalls in installing/running NetBSD on a 2000 w/
> > > such a board?
> > >
> > I'm sure it should, since I've gotten as far as installing it (I've just
> > upgraded), and I have a GForce 25mHz '030/'882.
>
> I've just been iformed by my dealer that my GForce is aging (2 years
> old), and that is the reason I've been getting frequent random freeze-ups
> ...have you had any such occurrences?

Once in a blue moon my machine has frozen, but I attribute it more to my
graphics board/monitor combination than anything else.  Overall my system
behaves farely well, with really no crashes.

> > > What are good sites for unix/x sources (which can then be compiled),
>
> I did try x.org, and they do have sources, but I have no idea what's
> good, or what's bad, and the faq is *way* over my head.

Well, NetBSD currently has quite a bit of precompiled stuff, but this is
one area I'm not quite familiar with.  Good luck on your search though. :-)

> --
>
>   Charlie Moody
>
>   The Elysium Group:	Soon to be *your* digital neighborhood
>   PGP Public Key:	finger -l chmood@photobooks.atdc.gatech.edu
>   PGP Fingerprint:      7F 0D 9E 8C 7E DF 33 11 2C 2B B8 19 6C 0F 2C 02

Cheers
Jose