Subject: Amiga NetBSD 1.1 Install Problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wayne Fisher <wayne@focus-systems.on.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 12/04/1995 11:05:00
I'm attempting to install NetBSD 1.1 on my A3000 with 4M of fast
memory. I've had NetBSD 1.0 running on it earlier but decided to make
a fresh start and change some partition sizes when upgrading to 1.1.

I'm stuck trying to boot using the miniroot inst-11.fs. I've copied it
to my swap partition and started NetBSD with loadbsd -b netbsd.
Everything looks fine until it asks:

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

Pressing return results in:

<current date> init: single user shell terminated, restarting.

Then a second later the "Enter pathname..." prompt is back an I can
hit return for ever looping around and around and ...

I'm looking for some help in getting past this problem.

Thanks,

Wayne

--
Wayne Fisher, Software Engineer           | Focus Automation Systems, Inc.,
wayne@focus-systems.on.ca                 | 3-554 Parkside Drive,