Subject: Re: partitioning scsi disks
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd@bsd.rrze.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga
Date: 12/04/1995 16:45:23
NetBSD User <netbsd@bsd.rrze.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install NetBSD on my Amiga last week but I failed because
> I can't disklabel my scsi disk. All the time I run disklabel to write
> a label on my disk it seems to work very well but after a reboot my
> drive forgot all the information.
> >From the AmigaDOS side I can't do this part because the HDToolBox
> program doesn't work with my boil.device (it doesn't recognise
> my scsi disks).

Disklabeling from NetBSD does not work. You must use some program that
knows about RigidDiskBlocks to partition your disk.

And yup, the BOIL software is rather buggy (it doesn't like some
variants of HD_SCSICMD for instance and sometimes gives bogus error
codes).

> Do you have any solution for my problem??

Use the BOIL install program to do whatever you would do with
HDToolbox. That's how I got NetBSD installed (ages ago). Maybe use
the "rdb" program if you need to make small adjustments afterwards.
"rdb" used to be on uni-regensburg.

> Thanx, Falko.
> fd@bsd.rrze.uni-erlangen.de / netbsd@bsd.rrze.uni-erlangen.de
-Olaf.
--
___              Copyright 1995 Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert. All Rights Reserved.
\X/    You are not allowed to read this using any kind of Micro$oft product.