Subject: Re: None
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 12/04/1995 11:08:32
Jose Alburquerque (albu3619@css1s0.engr.ccny.cuny.edu) wrote:
: Assuming that I've installed NetBSD 1.1 on my Amiga, does it come binary
: compatible to SunOS out of the box?  Does SunOS binary compatibility means

No. The INSTALL kernel does not have, to my knowledge, the COMPAT_SUNOS
compiled in.

: that I can run binaries like Netscape 1.1 precompiled for Sparc-SunOS4.1?

No. Even if COMPAT_SUNOS would be in (which you can insert when
compiling your own kernel), you would only have emulation for the OS,
not for the CPU. That is, you can run Sun3 binaries, but not Sparc binaries.

NetBSD is not the first OS aiming at multi-architecture. :-)

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis